Photo Galleries

Saturday 28 March 2015

27/01/2015 - Cycle Touring New Zealand - Day 20 - Getting out of Auckland, again!


IMG_9378

Distance cycled: 46km from New Lynn, west Auckland to Clevedon, New Zealand.
Average speed: 14.6km/h
Moving Time: 3h08m
Elevation Ascended: 652m
Total Distance on Current trip: 1,277km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 7,130km
Money spent: $5.50

image

Although my back still wasn't anywhere near the condition necessary for cycling it was time to leave Auckland and continue on the roads leading south.
At first I struggled with the pain in my back muscles but with frequent stops and an effort not to exert myself to day went rather well.
Marlieke still struggled on the hills surrounding the center but her efforts were certainly an improvement from when we began the trip 3 weeks ago. Two big thumbs up to her!
The change from suburb residential housing to farm land was instantaneous, it was like Marlieke put "like crossing into another world". This is the fun about traveling at bicycle speed, you see these changes; I am sure you would in a car too but you are encapsulated in a box where as cycling you breathe in the change of atmosphere - just better in my opinion.

 

IMG_9391IMG_9383

No comments:

Post a Comment