Photo Galleries

Wednesday 22 August 2012

03/04/2012 - Cycling from kelowna to Vancouver. Day 2

Leaving Penticton before 9 meant that I could get a good whole day of cycling in, this of course is easier said than done as the wind from the south was very much the same as yesterday.
It took till lunch time where hwy 97 south joined with Hwy 3 where I headed west to Vancouver, I had my hopes up that the valley road I would be taking took the wind and me west and it did and for a considerable amount of the day.
I cruised the ups and downs and was reminded again why I do these bike trips until something inevitably went wrong, it wasnt my bike, nor the bags it was me - my knee was jamming up and a sharp pain was crippling me everytime my left leg rotated the peddel.
I dealt with the pain the best I could taking many breaks and purchasing some pain killers but I really think this is going to hinder my trip as cycling with one leg is not a possibility.
I camped in a unattended and vacated camping spot beside a river where as soon as I arrived I passed out from the pain of my knee - yes, it was that bad.
When I awoke several hours later I cooked up a quick noodle dinner with canned oysters (thanks Jackie for the bag of goodies) and referenced my old journal entries and found that the previous issues I'd had with my knee was with my right and not the left which is the one I'm having issue with now.
I have my fingers crossed that it will feel better tomorrow.
Goodnight.

IMG_6717IMG_6710IMG_6713

1 comment:

  1. While purchasing cycling shoes there are various things that ought to be remembered to ensure that you pick the fitting pair without trading off on comfort. online triathlon coaching

    ReplyDelete