Photo Galleries

Wednesday 22 August 2012

02/04/2012 - Cycling from kelowna to Vancouver. Day 1.

Today would have been a whole lot better if I was cycling North instead of south, I would have been cruising with the wind the entire day instead of struggling against it. Looking at the weather report later in the early evening it informed me that the head wind I was fighting all day reached 30km/h directly at my face. This was not ideal pushing only an average of 9km/h, in calm conditions I could do todays cycle trip of 65 km in 3 or so hours but with the ridiculously strong head wind it took a disappointing 5.
Despite the shitty weather I still enjoyed the day, the sun was out (mostly) and I caught a few rays.
Yesterday I got on the warm-showers list and found someone I could stay at in Penticton, I wanted to take things easy as I haven't been on my bike in over half a year, it was a reasonable distance from kelowna and I took my time. This trip is going to be at least a 4 day adventure and lets hope the weather holds out for me.
Cristina who hosted me for the evening wasnt so much a touring cyclist but was just getting into it starting her first trip in the Queen Charlotte island in a couple of weeks. She had only been on the website for just over a week and I was her and her housemates first warm-showers guest. I cooked a decent feed and after some cookies I went to bed and crashed hard.

IMG_6705IMG_6699IMG_6704

No comments:

Post a Comment