Photo Galleries

Saturday 28 March 2015

Relaxing time with Caroline and James in West Auckland - 24/01/2015 - 26/01/2015

IMG_9349

Shark burgers, yum yum!

Our stay with Caroline and James was suppose to be short and for only two nights as we had to continue southward to visit and see all the sights towards the South Island but I managed to pull a back muscle making me almost completely immobile; any effort used to move my back resulted in excruciating pain but pathetically I managed to get it cycling outside of their house when testing the new break pads I installed on my bike. I did nothing out of the ordinary and I ended up being a cripple for two nights. 

This wasn't such a bad thing as both Caroline and James were amazingly hospitable and are awesome cooks. These two are now our favorite people in New Zealand, despite Caroline being Australian and James, British. 

Before my injury I had to repair my bicycle from the devastating results of cycling on shitty washboard gravel unsealed roads a few days ago, my rear hub was ruined and needed replacement and the most cost effective way to do so was to replace the rim, spokes and hub setting me back $130 down from $170 (including brake pads) because the guy in the bike shop that had the wheel in stock was very kind - thanks Moses! 

To fix my bike I did have to cycle to Manukau 50 odd kilometers from Caroline's place with my near broken bike but thankfully I had made it without issue. 

Chilling, eating well and drinking a fair amount of booze was exactly what Marlieke and I both needed here. It was a fantastic stay!

 

IMG_9346

Moses, an awesome dude who enthusiastically repaired my bike!

IMG_9347

Funny to find this sign in the center of Auckland

No comments:

Post a Comment