Photo Galleries

Friday 26 December 2014

23/10/2014 - Cycle Touring Japan - Day 30 - A very late start to the day.

 

IMG_1661
Distance cycled: 38km from Nagasaki to a small fishing village beach at the base of mount Unzen, Kyushu, Japan.
Average speed: 16.8km/h
Moving Time: 2h17m
Elevation Ascended: 874m
Total Distance on Current trip: 2,567km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 9,723km
Money spent: $25

image

Yesterday I met this stuntman, martial arts instructor, blackbelt, archer, cameraman, photographer, British and truly just an awesome dude. He has met many famous directors and actors and shared many awesome and intriguing stories with me and a few others, he has put himself out there and succeeded in more ways than one. Andrew L Phillips is one of those people you can chat for hours and that's what happened this morning where really I should have left the hostel earlier to continue my bike trip, it was worth the extra time spent chatting with him.
As you can see with the terrain profile above, today.. well, this afternoon presented itself with many ups and downs. The scenery in these parts are gorgeous with mountainous bubbles of almost perfectly rounded out green hills that protrude out of the earth. It was lovely and also sweaty.
As the sun was setting I found a small fishing village with a beach and pitched my tent for the night, tomorrow I'll definitely need to get a full day of cycling in as I'll be cycling to the top of mount Unzen and descending to a port to get me over to another part of the island.

IMG_1628IMG_1636IMG_1640IMG_1659

No comments:

Post a Comment