Photo Galleries

Sunday 23 November 2014

17/09/2014 - Cycle Touring Japan - Day 2 - Warming up period


IMG_8149

Vending machines everywhere!

Distance cycled: 48km the length of hwy 413 to Yakanaka lake.
Average speed: 12.6Km/h
Moving Time: 3h47m
Elevation Ascended: 1813m
Total Distance on Current trip: 281km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 12,010km
Money spent: $4

 

image

Perhaps it was a national holiday today because pretty much every shop I passed was closed, the roads were not busy but they were steep at times.
I didn't cover much distance today as the steep climbs slowed me down and also when I reached Yakanaka Lake I stopped for the view of Mt. Fuji; but when I mean "view" I mean lack of it because it was heavily overcast and certainly spoilt the iconic view of Japan.  No matter! as I decided to camp on the lake shore for the evening in the hopes that tomorrow's early morning sun will shine through to reveal the highest peak of Japan.

There wasn't all that much excitement today however I did sweat a lot exerting myself excessively but this is due to not cycling for for a couple of months, after I climb Mount Fuji I am sure I'll be back at peak performance.

IMG_8144

Unusual shape for a coke can.

 

IMG_8148IMG_8140IMG_8139

Climbing up into the mountains.

IMG_8146IMG_8142

IMG_8162IMG_8165

Yakanaka lake, although it was too overcast to see Mount Fuji

No comments:

Post a Comment