Photo Galleries

Thursday 17 July 2014

04/07/2014 - Cycling the Rockies on a Cheap Bike. Day 4

Distance cycled: 81.2km from yellowhead helicopter staging area to Tete Jaune Cache
Average speed: 16.1Km/h
Moving Time: 5h01m
Elevation Ascended: 576m
Burned Calories: 3061kcal
Burned Fat: 397g
Total Distance on Current trip: 374km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 12,605km
Money spent: $25

IMG_2375_thumb[2]
View Rockies day 4 in a larger map

image
Well, this was idiotic of me, last night when I was camped literally right next to helicopter refueling station staging area where there was presumably grade A jet fuel no more than a few feet from me I lit up my stove to cook up a meal. Thankfully there was no sudden explosion and no crispy Australian cyclist found beside it, however it never crossed my mind probably because I was so hungry only noticing the highly flammable stickers this morning, where was my common sense?
Anyway, today wasn't at all exciting as the headwind was relentless and slowed me down to almost a snails pace, I still covered a decent distance and spent a fair amount of time at the information center to take advantage of the free wifi in Valmount where I updated this blog and edited photos.
The valley in which I cycled offered serene views of the surrounding snow capped mountains and it was difficult to keep my eyes off them and more on where I was cycling. Something just occurred to me too, I don't have insurance for this trip... Should I get some? Hmm. Maybe.
Still no problems with my bike and she is running smoothly; I'm expecting some issues soon but that's being pessimistic, maybe she will get me to my destination without any issues in which case it would prove my point that you do not need an expensive bicycle for cycle touring. There are some things I would like to change but I'll save those for when I conclude this trip in a later post.

IMG_2324IMG_2331IMG_2289IMG_2295

IMG_2327

IMG_2392IMG_2377IMG_2381IMG_2389

No comments:

Post a Comment