Photo Galleries

Friday 28 February 2014

15/02/2014 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 60 - Rain, rain and more rain.

Distance cycled: 43.3km from Bajawa to Ratongamobo, Flores, Indonesia.
Average speed: 19.8km/h
Moving Time: 2h11m
Elevation Ascended: 473m
Burned Calories: 1197kcal
Burned Fat: 155g
Total Distance on Current trip: 5428km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 14,322km
Money spent: $14

IMG_5135


View 15FEB14 in a larger map

image

It was pleasant to have spent the last 2 days with Illja, she and I got along very well and we had quite a lot of fun together despite not being able to leave the hotel all day yesterday due to the terrible weather.
Today, the heavens decided to continue dumping down rain water on us mere mortals that completely ruined my enjoyment of the downhill descent towards the coast.
I had to take things slow because if i were to have cycled as fast as i would normally the rain would pummel my face and eyes, blinding me from the imminent dangers of the Indonesian roads. However it was relatively difficult to achieve these slow paced speeds because my bicycle really doesn't like the rain, more specifically its the brakes that don't work all that well when they are wet... this always makes for an interesting ride - but don't you worry mum, I'm safe... and eating my vegetables.
I waited out the rain when it was unbearable entertaining locals with simple magic tricks that I know and ended up the day speaking to this young woman who directed me to a cheap hotel.

IMG_5128

The view over Ruteng, Flores, Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment