Photo Galleries

Friday 28 February 2014

13/02/2014 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 59 - Fatigued = Grumpy

Distance cycled: 60km from near Aimere beach to Bajawa, Flores, Indonesia.
Average speed: 13km/h
Moving Time: 4h40m
Elevation Ascended: 1807m
Burned Calories: 3119kcal
Burned Fat: 405g
Total Distance on Current trip: 5385km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 14,365km
Money spent: $22

IMG_5043

That’s the mountain Ill be cycling around.


View 13FEB14 - 500 in a larger map

image

Once again like the time in Bali, I had a colony of ants invade my tent. Not only did they bite several holes in the ground sheet but also kept me awake as they crawled over my body biting me.
As I wrote in yesterday's post I really was in desperate need of a good nights sleep; over the last few days I been finding myself becoming progressively more irritated with the little annoyances I encounter throughout the day whether it be constantly replying to locals always saying the same thing "HELLO MISTER" or being charged 'bule' prices for food and drink.
Today was no exception to my foul mood due to the invasion of the aforementioned insects that kept me awake for the majority of the night.
Regardless of this I needed to get to Bajawa because I was meeting her there this evening. To get there though I had to endure perhaps the most difficult pass I have encountered in Flores. It took more than 3 hours to get to the top of the pass (1,300meters) where I entered Bajawa. Here I met up with Illja as she was making her way back to Labuanbajo and wanting to spend a few nights with me.
Hanging out in one of the more luxurious (just fractionally nicer) hotels in town albeit pricer we took advantage of the comfortable but creaky bed and slept... At least there were no ants crawling on me this evening.



IMG_5044IMG_5089IMG_5109IMG_5103IMG_5110

Aimere to Bajawa and what amazing views to behold along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment