Photo Galleries

Friday 15 November 2013

04/10/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 15

Distance cycled: 122km from Sungai Besar to Kuala Lumpur
Average speed: 23.9km/h
Moving time:5h05m
Total distance: 1792km
Border X'ings: 1
Money spent: 50 ringgit including a hostel dorm bed in KL


View 04Nov13 in a larger map

image
Mango nectar in my thermos along with tailwind pushing me towards KL made my day today. I still put in a great deal of effort to get to KL as quickly as I could and I made great time however getting closer to the center of the city I encountered (like all capital cities) frightening roads and crazy drivers. I was almost run off the road a dozen times but eventually I made it to the main hostel district to find a hostel to stay at.
I know I keep on writing about how small the world is and how often I run into people I met in different places around the world and today was no exception; Ira, a Finnish girl I met in two places in South America a year and a half ago just so happened to be walking outside a hostel when I arrived.
Unfortunately the hostel was fully booked and I had to go elsewhere but later in the evening where I ran into Sarah and Alanya (from Penang) I joined them all on the rooftop terrace of the hostel for a chat but avoided the overpriced alcohol.
Because I travelled 400km from Penang to here over the past 3 days I was exhausted and was in dire need of rest.
I spent the evening not sleeping due to being raped by bedbugs... I just wanted a decent nights rest.

IMG_9591IMG_9603

 

IMG_9606IMG_9605

No comments:

Post a Comment