Photo Galleries

Friday 15 November 2013

03/11/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 14

Distance cycled: 150km from some pine plantation to Sungai Besar
Average speed: 22.2km/h
Moving time: 6h41m
Total distance: 1670km
Border X'ings: 1
Money spent: 40 Ringgit ($16)


View 03NOV13 in a larger map

image

What a overly draining day. I can barely keep my eyes open now after covering such a vast distance. Sunburnt and exhausted in my hostel room surrounded by my hand washed laundry in the hopes it will be dry for tomorrow lying down on a comfy bed with the fan circling on max above me now writing this; I will probably fall asleep.  Again the terrain was flat and uninteresting with massive heat and narrow shoulders however I was at the receiving end of many kind gestures from the locals. For the three times I stopped for food today I was approached by kind locals who were generous enough to pay for everything I ate and drank; I suppose they just wanted to get to know what it was I was doing on a bicycle and of course I didnt mind telling them. I couldn't stick around long as I needed to collect up the miles so that i would be in KL tomorrow, so thank you very much. Even some others who I met along the way were kind and wanting to chat - it was a great day in respect to this and I'll re-enforce the fact that the people here in Malaysia are so friendly and in no way have I been frightened to meet the locals or camp in the most obvious of places because I know I would never have a problem.. Traveling Albania on the other hand is an example of quite the opposite. When cycling past Sungai Besar my head was spinning in circles (much like the fan above me now) this was due to exhaustion and hunger, I would have liked to cycle another 20km but it started raining and I wanted to spend the money on a cheap hotel to get some decent rest for the evening. Speaking of which, I want to sleep now! So, goodnight.

IMG_9583

Where I camped last night

IMG_9584

KL…257km

IMG_9587

No comments:

Post a Comment