Photo Galleries

Saturday 26 October 2013

15/10/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 7

Distance cycled: 144km .... from Surat Thani
Average speed: 21km/h
Moving time:6h51m
Total distance: 758km
Border X'ings: 0
Money spent: 800 Baht


View 15OCT13 in a larger map

 

image
To keep myself amused whilst cycling I tend to listen to a boat load of music, music that would pump me up to push just that little bit harder to bring up my average speed by just a few kilometers an hour. Recently however I have been getting back into listening to podcasts, more specifically a podcast called Radiolab. Radiolab is hosted by two guys who cover many topics from Science to culture; each episode is an investigation a patchwork of people, sounds, stories and experiences.
It is certainly worth listening to, highly recommended.
Today was rather boring, I was stuck on a dead straight road for many tens of kilometers but I was flying, with the wind on my back I went on a pushed myself to Surat Thani where I was getting the night boat to Koh Pnangan for the festivities of the full moon.
Having pushed myself as much as I did today I managed to buckle my chain... Something I did no notice till the following day. Hopefully it will just be a replacement chain setting me back about $30. We will see.
Thankfully while waiting for the boat to depart I met an awesome British group where we killed the time drinking beer and eating food.
140km today in the sun simply nackard me so obviously it didn't take long for me to fall asleep next to all these people on the top deck of the cargo boat.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. My camera is playing up and it drained all the juice from both batteries.

IMG_9211

This is the life.. and my life!

IMG_9214

Ferry to Koh Phangan

No comments:

Post a Comment