Photo Galleries

Saturday 26 October 2013

14/10/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 6

Distance cycled: 98.6km from
Average speed: 20.5km/h
Moving time:4h48m
Total distance: 614km
Border X'ings: 0
Money spent: 300 Baht ($10)


View 14oct13 in a larger map

image
Google maps is a godsend! I use it to route my trip then upload the data to my GPS where all I have to do is follow the darkened dotted line; it often puts me on roads that no other cyclist or traveller for that matter would use and it gets me off the crazy traffic clustered and dangerous main highway.
Today's route was a mixed bag of terrain from vacant 'B' roads where I passed ghost towns to a fast dirt shortcut to the beach where the only thing I saw for miles were farmed palm trees. It was a fun day where the time on my bike passed quickly.
I saw a plethora of generosity and kindness today from many Thai people, I was given free food and fruit, a place to camp of a run down and at first i thought abandoned beach town where I witnessed some sort of ritual performed by school kids involving fireworks on a small scale fishing boat and plenty of uneaten food...
There is a steady breeze tonight which means I won't be hassled by those fucking irritating mosquitoes as I was last night keeping me awake killing in total 40 or so that some how snuck into my tent.

IMG_9163

Not a bad sunrise!

IMG_9173

Great beaches too

                                        IMG_9174IMG_9175

I wouldn’t want to be up here without a harness

 

IMG_9178IMG_9179IMG_9181IMG_9184

No comments:

Post a Comment