Photo Galleries

Saturday 26 October 2013

16/10/2013 to 21/10/2013 - Koh Phangan - Full moon party.

Cycling the past 2 weeks from Bangkok to Surat Thani with the exception if visiting my uncle I barely had much interaction with westerners. I mean of course it's great to see the proper culture of Thailand and its people but sometimes being able to have a fun filled, non broken up conversation with someone who speaks English (or Spanish) helps me keep sane and continue this bike trip. This is why I headed to Koh Phangan to the full moon party and also to have a few or many drinks and enjoy myself.
Coming here was a hell of a lot more expensive than I anticipated and I know that the largest beach party in the world is overrated as I have been here twice before but I was in the area and needed to experience it for the last time.
I met some great people while I was here along with some quite the opposite 'meat-heads' who would do push-ups in their rooms before going out (actually!) but all in all I had somewhat of a good time.
Personally i like to be in a chilled environment where I can talk, have a few drinks, show some magic tricks and tell stories of my 8 years of venturing around the globe. Obviously there is more to me than just this but going to a place with loud music, dancing on tabletops and having to yell at an individual in the hopes that they can understand really does not appeal to me.
I was able to find a happy medium between these two situations and as such I had a great time.
I did cycle a little bit around the island where I tackled the hardest climb I have ever done on a bicycle, when cycling from Thong Sala to Had rinn beach (where the full moon party is held) the road gradient went from horizontal to almost vertical, a 20% grade! My gear ratio does not adjust to this excessive climb and as such I had to dismount and push my bike up 120 meters in altitude to get up and over it. With no exaggeration i can say it was painful to say the least... And I had to do it twice!
Ill admit that the previous two times I came to the full moon party I enjoyed more but that was four years ago and perhaps I have matured since then... What am I saying... matured? Of course not.
For those who I met on Koh Phangan and who read this, thanks for a great time!

 


View Ko phangan in a larger map

This is just where I cycled around the island not including the day I hired a scooter to see the scenery in the North West of the island

image

I know looking at this terrain profile doesn’t look like much but those two peaks were the hardest climbs I have done on a bike.

IMG_9217

Just ruined after cycling pushing my bicycle up that crazy hill into Haad Rin

IMG_9260IMG_9266IMG_9275IMG_9225

The dogs of Koh Phangan

IMG_9277IMG_9284IMG_9292

The Sunsets of Koh Phangan

IMG_9222IMG_9257IMG_9239IMG_9252IMG_9223IMG_9228IMG_9229IMG_9253IMG_9221IMG_9243IMG_9244

The beaches and scenery of Koh Phangan

IMG_9233IMG_9236IMG_9249IMG_9235IMG_9273

The people I chilled with in Koh Phangan

No comments:

Post a Comment