Photo Galleries

Wednesday 3 April 2013

30/03/2013 - Oslo to ... Back to Antalya. Day 106

Distance cycled: 31.3km around lake Egirdir to Egirdir
Average speed: 18.7km/h
Moving time: 1h40m
Total distance: 9075km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 40 lira.


View 30mar13 in a larger map


image

It's so pleasant to camp beside a lake, a wonderful experience that people should take advantage of to get away from the rush of their everyday life. I didn't cover much distance today because I wanted to check out Egirdir, a town popular due to boat trips on the lake and the many hiking trails that surrounds the area including a very historic route called St. Paul.  On the way to the town I saw some other cyclists fully loaded with bags, naturally I hopped over to the other side of the road a greet them. I only spent half an hour with the Austrian couple who had spent 6 months on the saddle but they were good people who I would have love to join if I were to be going in the same direction.  I checked into Lale Pension which was a hostel with a dorm but was very pricy at 30 lira for a dorm bed, I thought I would make up the price by eating past the point of being full for the buffet breakfast in the morning.  Although I wanted to get some sunset shots of the towns peninsula, resting my head down didn't do me any favors as I slept into the early evening where I met a group of people who were developing an iOS app for the hiking in the area we stayed up chatting for a while until it was past my bedtime.  On a side note. Normally I like to make these posts more interesting but I'm having difficulty today... Maybe because I am exhausted, 106 days of cycling would do it.

Sorry no photos as my SD card died!

No comments:

Post a Comment