Photo Galleries

Wednesday 3 April 2013

29/03/2013 - Oslo to ... Back to Antalya Day 105

Distance cycled: 91.2km from
Average speed: 18.8km/h
Moving time: 4h50m
Total distance: 9044km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 20 lira.
View 29mar13 in a larger map

image


And there we have it, I am now giving myself a pat on the back as there is no one here to do it for me because I have accomplished an amazing feat; bicycling the distance of 1/2 the circumference of Earth! 25 countries in total and over/through a huge variety of terrain and weather. Achieving this physical and mental goal would have would have been difficult, if not impossible if it hadn't been for the people who helped me on my way; thinking about this as my odometer clicked over (although its digital) to what is 9,000km on this trip evoked the happiest of emotions even bringing a tear to my eye... Or it could have been the wind as I descended from the mountain pass I tackled this morning.
I couldn't have asked for a better day either, the sun was out, the highland plains I endured over the past couple of days were finally over, more generosity from the locals/ police officers and ended the afternoon skirting around the edge of Egirdir lake where I stopped for a quick dip whilst the remaining light of the day dissipated over the lake behind the mountains.
100% content.
...
But it's not over, I still have to make the 150km back to Antalya and saying I have cycled 1/2 the circumference of Earth seems half-assed (in my opinion), I now must cycle the other 20,000km to claim the world!

Sorry no photos as my SD card died!

No comments:

Post a Comment