Photo Galleries

Wednesday 3 April 2013

31/03/2013 - Oslo to ... Back to Antalya Day 107

Distance cycled: 72.7km from Egirdir to somewhere between there and Antalya.
Average speed: 14.4km/h
Moving time: 5h02m
Total distance: 9148km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 0 lira.


View 31mar13 in a larger map

image
As today was my second last day of this tour I became complacent thinking I could venture away from my plotted GPS route and taking the opposing direction for the signs pointing to Antalya. I wanted to take an alternative route to my final destination which of course is Antalya and boy did I screw up. By taking a dirt logging road i was taken on a very slow roller coaster of a road that twisted higher and higher along the mountains edge. This included a mixed bag of good and bad; the good, there was little to no traffic meaning I had the road to myself, the views of the nearby lake as the sun was going down was marvelous and... that seems to be it. Now the bad, it was a very steep rough dirt road, there is the possibility that this road won't lead me to Antalya, I thought my life was in peril because some miners digging for marble above we're causing rockslides of enormous boulders that tumbled down onto the road that I was cycling on (what a way to die) and I climbed up the what seemed to be an endless and most difficult climb of this trip of 700meters.
In hindsight the bad certainly outweighed the good but it's all part of the adventure.

 

Sorry no photos as my SD card died!

No comments:

Post a Comment