Photo Galleries

Friday 29 March 2013

25/03/2013 - Oslo to ... Back to Antalya Day 101

Distance cycled: 110km from Goreme to nearby Aksaray
Average speed: 17.8km/h
Moving time: 6h11m
Total distance: 8726km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 12 lira.


View 25mar13 in a larger map

image

After 5 days staying in Goreme, Cappadocia I found myself with itchy feet to move on. I did have a great time here hiking, meeting fellow travelers and enjoying the many deserved beers from cycling 100 days, this is an applaudable achievement but it is rather overshadowed by my next upcoming accomplishment because in 3 days, which for those who regularly read this blog will know, but for those who don't, after cycling approximately 275km I can claim that I have cycled 1/2 the circumference of Earth! Unfortunately today and the next 3 will be relatively boring in terms of terrain, I'm currently cycling the Obruk plateau which really has nothing to offer, arrow straight roads, small shoulders, lots of traffic, absolutely no trees and if it wasn't for the a snow capped mountain in the far south to occasionally catch my eye I would have fallen asleep at the handlebar.  As soon as I am out of the plateau and into the mountains I will be much more satisfied with my surroundings.  It really is the little things in life that make you happy, I was having such a boring day, nothing was making me enjoy the day with a mild head wind and like I said before the less than appealing terrain when I man beside his car who stopped to give me some apples. What a kind man! This kept me smiling for at least an hour. I've always told myself that if I were to be driving about somewhere and see some touring cyclists I would do precisely this. A small amount of generosity goes such a long way. Thanks buddy, you certainly made my day. :)

 

 

IMG_5617

The mountains in the distance

IMG_5620

The only other picture i took… kind of artsy but not going to win any competitions

No comments:

Post a Comment