Photo Galleries

Friday 29 March 2013

21/03/2012 - 24/03/2012

An excerpt from yesterday's post:
"Arriving in the Cappadocia area it's small wonder that tourists in the bus loads flock to the deep center of Turkey, the lunar like landscape surrounds many small villages where locals dug into the rock to build their homes, some, maybe most of these cave dwellings are now boutique hotels or some sort of tourist attraction. It's the place to come for hiking, spectacular sunsets and hot air balloon rides"
It really is a beautiful part of Turkey during the times it wasn't snowing or too cold to go out and hike but when the sun did come out the weather was near perfect.
Staying at another hostel that was 1/2 the price of what I paid the 1st night in Goreme and with many more backpackers I enjoyed my time too - long hikes in/around the valleys where inevitably you would get lost, the open air museum showing what life was like for a troglodyte and how the caves were made, that is if you got a guide or an audio guide which we didn't do and ate local food at the restaurants around town but in my opinion it was a little disappointing although normally Turkish food is delicious but lacking variety.
I was going to mention the people I met over these few days, an Aussie girl, groups of German and French and another cyclist who wanted all my advice about the way to travel on a bike but they won't read this and I'm now quite tired and need my rest.
To sum things up Cappadocia is certainly worth visiting especially for the amazing hiking that can be had, my only disappointment other than the food is not spending one night in a vacant cave... Next time. IMG_4968_69_70_fused-1

Boing at Cappadocia

IMG_5593IMG_5444

IMG_5555 Panorama-2IMG_5499 Panorama-1IMG_5471 Panorama-2IMG_5450IMG_5453IMG_5458IMG_5460IMG_5461IMG_5467IMG_5491IMG_5497IMG_5510IMG_5513IMG_5532IMG_5547

I was going to comment on these photos but its just easier to say that this is Cappadocia and if you have any questions just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment