Photo Galleries

Monday 26 November 2012

20/11/2012 to 21/11/2012 - 2 days of rest in Ohrid, Macedonia.

I was only going to spend one night in Ohrid but I thought I would treat myself to more rest. The weather was overcast and I didn't want to tackle the mountain in Galicica National Park to miss out on all the great views over the Lake so this was my excuse, besides this hostel was great with perhaps the friendliest and most generous hostel owners I have come across.
The other guys who were staying in the hostel were a good laugh too with two of which from Australia and the other from New Zealand. We spent quite a lot of time playing poker, cooking and drinking cheap alcohol, i didn't win any game of poker but I'm still learning.
We did venture out of the hostel a few times to check out the fortress and lakeside often stopping by this bakery to much down a variety of cheap and different pastries and donut like cakes filled with custard or chocolate.
I had a great time relaxing and doing the stuff on the Internet needed to upload this blog.

 IMG_2649

Walking/shopping stip in Ohrid, Macedonia

IMG_2552IMG_2554IMG_2556IMG_2614IMG_2620IMG_2629IMG_2634IMG_2647

Just some random pics taken around Ohrid, Macedonia

IMG_2590 Panorama

View over the city of Ohrid from the Fortress

No comments:

Post a Comment