Photo Galleries

Sunday 30 September 2012

25/09/2012 - Oslo to Israel. Day 18

Distance cycled: 60 km from Groningen to Leeuwarden
Average speed: 21.1km/h
Moving time: 2h50m
Total distance: 1777km
Border X'ings: 4
Money spent: €5 for some cigarettes.


View 25sept12 in a larger map

image


Getting from Groningen to Leeuwarden was relatively straight forward, it was on only 60km but with a slight hiccup because a bridge I was suppose to cross was under repair and as such I had to take a 5km detour to find another bridge.
I cycled all the way there without getting off my bike, in hindsight I should have had a break or two, it would have been better for my legs and for me - I had a bit of a hangover from drinking with Lars last night.
Arriving at Hinke and Sanne's place I felt like I just had been beaten up and The 15 minute power-nap I took really didn't help.
I wish I was in more of a less-exhausted mood because not only did I want to celebrate my 7 years of traveling I also wanted to have some fun with these girls.
Hinke and sanne took me out to a friends bar where every Tuesday they would have dinner, it was my choice to what we ate but I wasn't cooking so I wanted some traditional Dutch food and that's what we got. It was sausages with meatballs and a mash potato mixed with dried farmers cabbage - it was pretty damn good.
The girls and I really didn't do much, just chilled and chatted before going to bed.

IMG_0222IMG_0208IMG_0213

Sanne, Hinke and myself in Leeuwarden.

No comments:

Post a Comment