Photo Galleries

Sunday 30 September 2012

24/09/2012 – Groningen.

 
It was an early morning wake up at Eelke's place because he had to go to work, I certainly needed to rest more but i didn't want to outstay my welcome and mess up other peoples opportunities of using warm-showers in Groningen if they were to stay with Eelke.
So I got up and packed my stuff. I knew I was meeting with two friends that I met on my central American trip today but it wasn't till later in the afternoon; this sucked for me because nothing is open on a Monday morning in holland and coming from Germany yesterday where everything is closed it really sucked.
I simply cycled the streets till 2 pm chilling at a coffee shop where I was able to meet with Floor at her place.
At this point I was exhausted and needed sleep, there was only so much catching up I could do with Floor before I couldn't keep my eyes open and even after a beer that would wake me up I crashed hard on her bed while she went to see her mom.
After a few hours kip I got up to meet with Lars (met in El tunco, El Salvador) at his place for beer and dinner.
I was going to cook but left over Chinese was just simpler.
I had a fantastic time catching up with Lars, we drank beer into the early hours of the morning where at midnight cheers or "Proost" for my 7 year anniversary to traveling.
yay! Go me!
It perhaps wasn't a good idea to cycle back to Floors place as fast and as drunk as I did but I made it back safely and without injury.

IMG_0199IMG_0200IMG_0203

Just a few pics I took around Groningen – really nothing spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment