Photo Galleries

Sunday 30 September 2012

20/09/2012 - Oslo to Israel. Day 15


Distance cycled: 63.5 km from Tom's place in hamburg N53 32.889 E009 57.531 to 15km north east of Zeven N53 24.546 E009 31.350
Average speed: 16.5km/h
Moving time: 3h51m
Total distance: 1453km
Border X'ings: 4
Money spent: €5 on food.


View Untitled in a larger map

image


This morning I found out that I can upload a route plotted by google maps onto my GPS device, this was great as it gave me the shortest route for walking or cycling, this means I wont have to worry about asking for directions.... Or so I thought.
Google maps for walking isn't perfect so when I set off from Toms place at midday I was happy to follow the route shown on my GPS; all was well until I realized that i was taken onto a huge bridge heading south out of hamburg where pedestrians and cyclists were not permitted. I had to find alternative means to get out of the city towards Bremen, this took cycling an extra 15km in circles in an industrial area until I found a boat crossing the river, it was unbeivably frustrating but finally I made it out of the city and back on route.
Hoping all was going to be good and well I was hit by 30km/h headwinds, ontop of that my left knee was beginning to jar up and stretching it didn't seem to help.
Thinking nothing else could go wrong today 60km in I got a flat tire, this was a good opportunity to replace the wheel with the spare I had been carrying around for the last couple of days; the change over went well but when I went to camp just down the road in a forest when I had set up my tent and was eating some food the tire all of a sudden deflated completely, arggggg!!!
I removed the wheel again and found that somehow I made a huge hole in the tube, I patched it up in the hopes it's going to hold but somehow I doubt it. We will see tomorrow morning if my patchwork holds up.
Also I hope my left knee is better tomorrow too.
What a shit day!

IMG_0043IMG_0044

Cycling under the river in Hamburg

IMG_0049IMG_0050

After my GPS route was acting up i needed to get onto a ferry to get me on the other side of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment