Photo Galleries

Tuesday 29 November 2011

22/11/2011

9 to 12 hours is what I was told for the time it was going to take from Bogota to Cali instead it took a ridiculous 23 Hours!
Yesterday I said the bus was spacious and comfortable, it was until they blasted the air conditioning on maximum freezing all the passengers on the bus; this is a common complaint amongst backpackers wherever in the world you may be. I know I have complained about this issue several times in this blog but really WTF? There is no need to have it up so high. Thankfully though I remembered my blanket for this journey and it was only just warm enough for me to have a relatively good nights sleep.
Being stuck in the traffic jam in the mountains wasnt all that bad as the views were lovely, well least until the clouds rolled over and the rain came. Despite the rain It would have been the perfect time to Cycle, cutting through the traffic with beautiful scenery on either side of the road
The reason behind the held up traffic was a combination of road works, rain and the risk of another landslide. A landslide occurred recently in the area so many police and surveyors were holding up the trucks and buses.
Arriving in Cali at 8pm I was obviously starving and sat down at a bakery to munch down some pastries, the people who worked there were incredibly curious about me and even offered me a free drink. Chatting to them about kangaroo meat and the weather in Australia but my conversational skills in Spanish are somewhat limited.
I was going to go by foot to the hostel listed in the lonely planet guide that I had downloaded illegally for my iPod touch but this certainly saves me a lot of weight considering I now have most, of not all the guidebooks to everywhere in the world.
The taxi set me back 8,000 pesos and took me to the hostel that was dead, only hosting a German guy and a Russian guy.
I had a few drinks and a few games of mortal kombat with one of the workers before crashing in one of the dorms that I had to myself.
But something I cant believe 23 hours in a bus! That was S-H-I-T!IMG_0728-640IMG_0730-640IMG_0731-640IMG_0734-640IMG_0735-640IMG_0736-640IMG_0723-640IMG_0725-640IMG_0726-640IMG_0727-640

Stupid 23 hour bus journey in the crazy rain, but the views were nice Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment