Photo Galleries

Sunday 18 September 2011

15/09/2011 Day 22 Cycling Across Canada

Distance Traveled: Schreiber to... I dunno? But somewhere down the Trans-Canadian Highway ***N 48 48.220 W086 46.722*** 51km
Money Spent: $20 for all you can eat Chinese food and $2.50 for some bread
Time cycling: 2 hours 55 min
Moving Average: 17.5km/h
Total Distance Traveled: 1815 km



View Larger Map

TP

My god were my legs in pain when I woke this morning, I stumbled out of my tent to take a piss almost falling face first into the deck were I was camped behind Franks mates place.
The winds were crazy this morning too – looking around I was hoping it was coming from the West but the way I saw it it looked like it was coming in from all directions.
I suppose the winds didnt really matter when not cycling on the roads because I spent all of the morning putting together these blog posts along with repairing a few things on my bike.
I didnt get out of Schreiber till after 3 and only cycled 15 km to the next town where I waited for an Asian restaurant to open the doors for an all you can eat buffet. The food was excellent and I even snuck in a snap-lock container that I jam-packed with my leftovers; Hey, don't judge me! I just dont like food wasted.
Last time I ate an all-you-can-eat buffet when cycling I left the place unable to move, thankfully I didnt put myself in this state this time but it was still a pathetic days cycle, only accomplishing 51km...whoop. All that effort to do more than 200km yesterday just ruined me today, you can see my average is well below normal at 17.5km/h – im just too tired and my legs cant handle it.
Well, tomorrow I'm going to get up at the crack of dawn and see how far I can get, we will see.

IMG_0125-1024

Me after the all-you-can-eat Chinese food…

Heavy Machinery, ON, Canada 2011 HDR-1024

Another example of a HDR image – i love this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment