Photo Galleries

Saturday 10 October 2015

18/02/2015 - all hands on deck! Crossing the Tasman.

 

IMG_0803

From Wellington to Picton the blue bridge ferry company took us. It was easy to organize even with my bicycle and as the skies were clear the views from the boat were incredible.

An American cycle tourist named Spencer joined Marlieke and I for chit chat and was planning his trip around the South Island, he initially wanted to cycle the east coast but the advice I received was to first cycle the west coast. We will see if he will head the same way as me for some company and laughs.

Before the boat trip I swapped out my tires for Marlieke's as she had sold it to the couple who we were staying with, I needed the much more reliable Schwalbe set for the shitty puncture prone Bontrager (French) I had. Advice for anyone making the decision on which tire to buy, go for the more expensive but much more durable and reliable German Schwalbe tires. This advice should be adopted for not only tires but most products, The word 'German' has the byword for quality.

Coming into Picton with stunning mountain views on both sides of the ship we disembarked from the ship and went in search for a hostel. Many hostels, for whatever reason, were booked but the place we stayed at, Tombstone Hostel, beside the graveyard and the port offered a small patch of grass to pitch our tents.

A really nice hostel that was quaint and friendly, the owners always had smiles on their faces and if I were to ever own a hostel I would love it to be as perfect as they had set it up.

It was a fun evening with great food and beer with plenty of laughs.

IMG_0772

IMG_0780

IMG_0781

IMG_0795

IMG_0799

No comments:

Post a Comment