Photo Galleries

Sunday 18 October 2015

02/03/2015 - Cycle Touring New Zealand - Day 42 - The Notorious West coast downpours.

 

IMG_1577

Distance cycled: 67km from Fox glacier to Lake Paringa, South Island, New Zealand.
Average speed: 23.5km/h
Moving Time: 2h49m
Elevation Ascended: 456m
Total Distance on Current trip: 3,062km
Distance until I have cycled the circumference of Earth: 5,345km
Money spent: $5


image
Spencer and I were both completely ruined from the two day Copland track hike that it took us a very long time sort out out things and gather ourselves this morning and our laziness pushed into the afternoon.
This wasn't in any way a problem because we had a whole bunch of stuff we needed to sort out online and drink the copious amounts of coffee necessary to even function.
When we eventually did set off we were blessed by a wonderful tailwind that guided out way south meaning we could average a good doped but it also brought in a rain storm, rain so heavy that when it hit your eye it would fill up both eyelids.
Needless to say it was torrential and as I write this post I am in my tent under my tarp at a DOC campsite with it dumping down like no tomorrow - which means that tomorrow (if it comes) it will be clear.
Sand flies are crawling through the fly net of my tent!!!

IMG_1578IMG_1572

No comments:

Post a Comment