Photo Galleries

Thursday 30 January 2014

26/01/2014 and 27/01/2014 - Lakey beach, a world renown surfing destination.

 

IMG_3809
Lakey beach, a world renown surfing destination where many competitions have been held and considered one of the best surf spots in Southeast Asia.
Does this mean I went surfing? Hell no! I wasn't here for riding the waves although in hindsight I really should have tried it again as I was offered a free board to take out there.
Many of the western residents who stayed here for a lengthy time were semi-pro and even sponsored pros who were pretentious, their lives revolved around competing and attempting to be the best out there. It was certainly more difficult to even have a conversation without them looking out at the breaking waves in the distance than lets say your typical standard backpacker.
With many Australians here to celebrate Australia Day with I was at first very keen to have a drink or two but having seen the rowdiness and complete lack of respect towards the locals from these boligerant fuckwits I avoided drinking altogether and chilled with the tamer of the people.
The people here weren't all that bad, amongst the better peeps I met a Spanish guy named Carlos who admirably started up his own NGO and greatly helps out the locals with his girlfriend Amanda - 100% Kudos goes out to these two.
As I mentioned before I did not surf whilst here but Instead i pursued some photography ideas I wanted to capture.
One was more macro work and the other to swim my way out to the watchtower platform to shoot the surfers... By 'shoot' I mean with my camera.
Enjoy the photo's

 

IMG_3659IMG_3660IMG_3661IMG_3662

Beach Views from Lakey Beach. Sumbawa, Indonesia

IMG_3665IMG_3666

With friendly locals

IMG_3671IMG_3672IMG_3673

IMG_3705IMG_3736

 

IMG_3770IMG_3772IMG_3784IMG_3795IMG_3802IMG_3804

Talented Surfers, Taken from from the viewing platform

No comments:

Post a Comment