Photo Galleries

Saturday 28 December 2013

12/12/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 35 - Just a miserable and grumpy morning.

Distance cycled: 71.5km from wherever it was I camped last night to Kanatung, Indonesia
Average speed: 20.8km/h
Moving time: 3h26m
Total distance: 3620km
Border X'ings: 3
Money spent: $75

IMG_1437


View 12dec13 in a larger map

image
I thought I slept well last night however when it finally stopped raining and I had all my stuff packed up and remounted onto my bike I was just in a pissed off mood. Normally I reply to all the hello's and "hello mister" with a smile and wave but for whatever reason I was ignoring people and shouting and cursing at the traffic though small towns and villages. This isn't like me at all but I believe it comes down to being so physically exhausted - I need a good nights rest but unfortunately for me tomorrow at just after midnight I have a tour booked with a tour agency to hike up Kawah Ijen, I'll mention what this is about in tomorrow's post.
Anyways, the grumpy mood I was in lingered within me for the majority of the day and it wasn't until I reached my final destination on this island that it resided and I was happy that I had cycled the spine of Java.
The tour that I booked was rather expensive and I really should have shopped about for a cheaper price, it turned out to be much worse than I thought too because when returning to my hotel after a hearty delicious feast I finally (having not met any other cyclists) met four cyclists from Italy, they came here to do practically the same tour before heading to Bali like me. They paid 250,000 rupiahs each however I paid close to 700,000 this is because I was alone when booking it but if there are any more people joining in I will get back 200,000, so I have my fingers crossed.
Regardless though, I have been looking forward to seeing Kawah Ijen for the longest time now and I really do hope it is everything I hope it to be.

 IMG_1441IMG_1439

No comments:

Post a Comment