Photo Galleries

Monday 25 November 2013

11/10/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 19

Distance cycled: 131km to near Johon Bahtu
Average speed: 20.9km/h
Moving time: 6h17m
Total distance: 2201km
Border X'ings: 1
Money spent: 18 Ringgit ($6)


View 11NOV13 in a larger map

image
Just to follow up from last night. I was not ambushed by monkeys but I was rudely awakened by the sound of thunder, nearby lightning and intense rain. This meant I had to set up my tarp before I and all my stuff got drenched.
Today was mostly overcast and I was blessed to have direct tailwind pushing me southeast towards Singapore however as you can see by my average speed I wasn't flying this is because I met and joined two Frenchmen, Romain and Thomas, who were cycling the same way to Singapore. When I stopped for lunch I was informed by locals that these two guys were just half-hour ahead of me. I thought I'd catch them up and see what their story was and it didn't take me long. Thomas and Romain were both very slow but I stuck with them for the day finding a great place to camp on some cut grass in front of a bus freight depot where the people working there were happy to have us stay and use their facilities.
Romain and Thomas are both cool guys who I will join tomorrow to Singapore, they are somewhat new to the whole cycle touring adventure but they are managing extremely well.
One last thing before I crash out, I thought today was the 12th so ill be arriving in Singapore one day before I have to... Looks like ill be looking for a place to kip in the very expensive city.

IMG_9783IMG_9780

Romain and Thomas from France

No comments:

Post a Comment