Photo Galleries

Monday 25 November 2013

08/11/2013 to 09/11/2013 - Malacca, Malaysia. Randomly running into Mum and Dad.

Now what are the chances that out of all the places in Malaysia I would run into Mum and Dad here!? Walking down the main tourist street named Jonker with Sally who is a beautiful Chinese girl who checked into the hostel in the morning I spotted them walking in my direction; now at first I could not believe it and made me look twice where at that moment I ran up to them surprising the utter hell out of them. I hadn't seen them for 2 years since I cycled across Canada to see them in Toronto when they were visiting there, it really was a total shock for all of us.
I knew they were going to visit Malaysia before i would be seeing them in Singapore for grandpas birthday however I honestly had no idea where they were going.. Amazing no?
The three days I spent in Malacca were much needed as I wanted rest but also shelter from cycling in the searing sun over the past few days. I stayed in a hostel called Discovery and it had a rather lack of other backpackers except for Sally.
Sally and I spent quite a lot of time together, watching Thor at the cinema, walking about the city and enjoying many if the delicious tastes the area had to offer. It was time well spent with her including the last evening together in a much needed (in more ways than one) air-con'ed room.
Because mum and dad had plans to leave to check out other places in the area I didn't have much time to spend with them however Ill be seeing them again soon in Singapore.

IMG_9720

Mum, Dad, Sally and Myself

IMG_9706IMG_9719IMG_9724IMG_9730IMG_9747IMG_9733IMG_9739IMG_9743IMG_9754IMG_9745

Around Mallaca, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment