Photo Galleries

Friday 22 November 2013

06/11/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 16

Distance cycled: 82.6km from Kuala Lumpur towards the coast and Malacca, Malaysia.
Average speed: 19.4km/h
Moving time: 4h15m
Total distance: 1875km
Border X'ings: 1
Money spent: 15 Ringgit.


View 06Nov13 in a larger map

image
I was willing to spend one more night in KL because of Ira but then I would hard pressed to reach Singapore in time to see the family; this and another reason however I won't go into it.
I spent the morning saying farewell to Ira and didn't set off till midday, the climate was cooler than usual with spurts of rain at times but getting out of KL was not enjoyable in the slightest. My GPS was trying so hard to get me onto the freeway but I refused to take the risk having to take very indirect roads almost in circles; at one point I didn't have a choice and had to get onto it which was delightful... Sorry I kent the other thing... Fucking frightening and damn right dangerous but soon I found the old highway to get towards malacca.
Nothing much of interest occurred today but one thing I will mention is that cycling with blue balls is agonizing, for those who don't know what 'blue balls' is about I suggest you google it and find out.
... Anyway when in KL I purchased a portable USB fan that I plugged into my battery bank to cool down when camping for the evening in yet another pine plantation and honestly it is a godsend! This should go on my website about cycling in SE Asia or humid/hot places that is if I ever get around to making it.
I'll make it to Malacca tomorrow where I'll spend a night and a day... Lets see what tomorrow has to offer. I now have to relieve myself... Goodnight.

IMG_9698

Me at the Twin towers, KL, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment