Photo Galleries

Thursday 24 October 2013

12/10/2013 - Cycling SE Asia. Day 4


Distance cycled: 107km from uncle Brian's place to Ban Krut Beach
Average speed: 21.8km/h
Moving time:4h56m
Total distance: 408km
Border X'ings: 0
Money spent: 100 Baht ($3)


View 12OCT13 in a larger map

image

 

Highs and lows. There are always highs and lows when it comes to touring on a bicycle, today was evident of this; leaving uncles place where I had spent the last two days where I was treated to all the comfort that you would possibly get at an all inclusive resort to finishing the day in my tent on the beach... I know this doesn't sound so bad but as I write this I am sweating profusely and surrounded by many dozens of blood sucking mosquitoes. Another example is the weather and being caught in a dumping of rain that occurred on two occasions.
By no means am I not enjoying this trip towards Singapore it's just quite different from touring in Europe and North America.
I am going to try and make it to the full moon party on Koh Pha Ngan that starts in a week put simply to party it up and meet some traveling backpackers. To Surat Thani it's only 300km from where I am now and this is where you get the ferry across to the island, the terrain is flat and I generally get good tailwind so two and a half days I should be there.

IMG_9072

Leaving Uncles Place

IMG_9074IMG_9078IMG_9081IMG_9083IMG_9086IMG_9089

Monkeys… I hate Monkeys!

IMG_9095IMG_9104IMG_9108

…But fighting Dinosaurs… thats all good!

IMG_9112IMG_9088IMG_9114IMG_9116

2 comments:

  1. Cool to read your on the bike again.
    Is this the trip you made up in the bar in Munchen?
    Did the camera thing work out?
    Greetings from the motor guy from holland. you know me form the hostel.
    Fokke

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the trip i made up in the bar in Munich.. haha
    The camera thing is still a work in progress, until i finish it ill then look into getting the patent.
    Good to hear from you man, hope the rest of your motorbike trip went well.
    ... sharing a bed with a guy named fokke.. HA!

    ReplyDelete