Photo Galleries

Friday 29 March 2013

27/03/2013 - Oslo to ...back to Antalya. Day 103

Distance cycled: 110km from Sultanhani to just north of Konya, Turkey
Average speed: 18.1km/h
Moving time: 6h04m
Total distance: 8866km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 20lira


View 27mar13 in a larger map

image
I sincerely adore traveling day to day about the face of this world on a bicycle although today was not enjoyable in the slightest (terrain wise); strong headwinds on incredibly flat roads surrounded by nothing of interest bored the crap out of me (not literally) I did however meet some pleasant Turkish characters who lightened up my day, free Turkish brunch albeit partially moldy but free nonetheless from a young man who invited me to his farm, smiles from a restaurant owner who sorted me out with extra food and when looking for a place to camp two dudes who worked at a gas station who offered me a place behind the station. I spent some time with these two guys learning some more Turkish while waiting for the sun to go down which was interesting as they didn't speak a lick of English, fun though.

IMG_5652

Typical Turkish food.

IMG_5651

This was a sad sight, the puppies watching over their now dead mother

No comments:

Post a Comment