Photo Galleries

Thursday 28 March 2013

19/03/2013 - Oslo to ... Day 99

Distance cycled: 114km from the most ideal place I have camped to 15km SW of Nigde.
Average speed: 17.5km/h
Moving time: 6h29m
Total distance: 8505km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 8 lira


View 19mar13 in a larger map

image
I awoke this morning with yet another dog yapping at my tent but all was good because it soon left me alone and it was time to get up anyway. It left me with the birds happily chirping away with the sounds of the nearby stream flowing as I got my stuff packed up.
I covered quite a lot of distance today through various terrain and for the most part it was not easy, I had two passes to conquer, a busy main road with more retarded Turkish drivers doing ridiculous things before finally reaching the vast flat high lands at 1100m where it was near impossible to find a decent camping spot for the night.
I met some generous locals who shouted me many cups of chai and one guy who bought me some food and drink.
Throughout the day I went back and forth between being in a good mood and being pissed off; the pissed off moments were generally because I was nearly clipped by lorry drivers and the stupidity of motorists cutting me off but I'm safe and pleased having cycled as far as I did.
Right now I'm camping on a windy farmers paddock in the wide open meaning I have to wake at the crack of dawn tomorrow so that nobody has any issues. It's going to be a cold one tonight but with the appropriate gear that I have it shouldn't be an issue.
8500km with only 500 more to succeed in hitting my goal. Ill be reaching Cappidocia tomorrow!

 

IMG_5376

First peak at 1370m

IMG_5381IMG_5370IMG_5384IMG_5385

One the way up, seeing snow, it was at the time a welcome change from the coastal roads in the south

IMG_5391

Perhaps Mum and Dad should be worried about me.,..

IMG_5393IMG_5405IMG_5411

Peak no. 2 at 1600m..

IMG_5415

…should be downhill from here

No comments:

Post a Comment