Photo Galleries

Sunday 23 December 2012

18/12/2012 – Oslo to Israel. Day 86

Distance cycled: 104km from Koycegiz to Esen, Turkey.
Average speed: 17.9km/h
Moving time: 5h47m
Total distance: 7392km
Border X'ings: 22
Money spent: 15 lira = €6


View 18dec12 in a larger map

image
Another day of it just pissing it down, tomorrow will be much the same and then finally I'll be getting some sunshine; I apologize for going on about the weather in most posts but I suppose because I spend the day in it, it is an easy topic to begin with.
I am getting use to being drenched so long as there is food to metabolize in my stomach and I keep moving I stay warm enough to not catch a cold.
Keeping up with this deadline of being in Cyprus for the 29th has been exhausting to say the least, I have been pushing myself like there is no tomorrow. Funny to say this because as we all know, it is the end of the Mayan calendar in 3 days and with the slight consensus of it being the end of the world too.
I had a decision to make today, one, take the mountain road into the snow capped mountains into the cold to Antalya that would shave off 100km of coastal roads or two, take the coastal road where the terrain is more predictable and avoids some very steep ascents but adding these 100km to the trip.
I opted for the coastal road and I hope the weather turns for the better because another day of this awful weather and I won't have any more dry clothes.
There were more locals on the roadside selling those delicious mushrooms that I experienced yesterday so I picked up a bad and cooked them up for dinner, yum yum.
I wanted to treat myself to a hotel tonight but as it was there were no hotels in the area where I was when finishing up the day; oh well, another night in the rain amongst the trees beside the road... Tomorrow, I'll attempt to hotel it up and dry all my drenched belongings.

IMG_3444IMG_3445

No comments:

Post a Comment