Photo Galleries

Friday 30 November 2012

24/11/2012 - Oslo to Israel. Day 64

Distance cycled: 80.2km from Ohrid Lake to Florence, Greece.

Average speed: 18.9km/h

Moving time: 4h14m

Total distance: 5543km

Border X'ings: 21

Money spent: €7 + €10 for a pizza

View 24nov12 in a larger map

image

For the 38 hours from the point of pitching up my tent beside this lake two days ago till this morning I slept for about 32 hours. After this amount of sleep I was hoping I would be absolutely fine but although I was feeling better I certainly wasn't 100%.  I packed my stuff and pushed on, the early Macedonian sky showed that it was going to be sunny throughout that day but not realizing I had another pass to climb before entering Bitola i was disappointed when the mountains brought in overhead the clouds and cold.  The clouds soon dissipated when arriving in Bitola where I stopped by a restaurant to have a meal, just a simple soup as I didn't know how we'll my stomach could cope. I don't know if it was because I was so hungry or because it was so good but I ended up having two portions of soup and a loaf of bread, and for €3.50 it was well worth it.  I cycled around the city for a while thinking that perhaps I would stay in a hostel but I though I would enjoy the sunshine on the road and cross over to Greece.  Popping into a pizza shop to refil on water I met Tom who I didn't hesitate to pick his canadian accent who ran the pizza shop, he suggested I camp behind his neighbors place who died a few months ago - sure why not, besides it didn't look like it was going to be easy to find a forest to camp in nearby, just farmers fields.  Later I went to the bespoke pizza shop thinking that it would be easier and cheaper for me to order a pizza, yes, it was easier but cheaper it was not. At €10 for something that cut the roof of your mouth and was far too salty; I was very disappointed. I can only hope that Lidl exists in Greece.  For no longer can I reap the benefits of the former Yugoslavian countries and their cheaper prices.

IMG_2787

IMG_2786

NOt quite sure what i am trying to do here, what whatever it is, it didnt work.

But Yay, i made it to Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment