Photo Galleries

Wednesday 31 October 2012

27/10/2012 - Venice

The Italian city on a lagoon of the Adriatic Sea, a place where many tourists spend their time wandering the narrow passage ways taking photos of the canals where the canal boats would expensively and slowly take other tourists around the sights of the city… and I was exactly one of these tourists today.
Fatigue and exhaustion from cycling near 4000km has got the better of me and it was difficult to find motivation to do anything more than just getting lost amongst the city. Lost is exactly what happened to me too, I was stupidly unorganized today and didn't even have the address of the hostel I was going to be staying at. Eventually I found an information center and got directions from there having to get the water service boat across to another island that was extortionately pricey at €20 for 24h. The stop I needed to get off was no more than 5 minutes away too so I hopped on the opposite direction and took the hour round trip to rest my legs from all the walking.
Venice is a beautiful city but incredibly easy to get lost in and even my GPS couldn't figure out which direction I was going because of the narrow streets and the tall buildings.
Making it to the hostel I checked in and had an hour nap before heading to the supermarket for food but I had left my bicycle and cooking gear at Adriano's place so I was left only able to eat a large quantity of sandwiches; no kitchen use in this hostel.
I wanted to go out and either see the town at night for some night photos or go out for a couple of drinks... Or even both but even now at 7:30 I just want to sleep.
I find it ironic that when I am camping in the middIe of nowhere alone I don't feel the slightest bit lonely but a hostel with quite a few people that I could meet but i am a mix of exhausted and could not be bothered (which isn't like me at a hostel) I feel lonely. Hmm, I suppose this means I should get back on my bike, it's 25km away from here, it's been less than 24 hours and I miss it and all my belongings that has made this trip possible like hell.
I'm going to have an early one tonight and rest up for another 4000km or at least to Israel.

IMG_1847IMG_1882

The streets of Venice were flooded with not only water but tourists too.

IMG_1879

People having to wear these make-shift boots

IMG_1891IMG_1886

Gloomy pics of Venice.

 

IMG_1878IMG_1881

Typical shots from around Venice

San Marco Cathedral, Venice, Italy 2012 Pano

San Marco’s Cathedral, Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment