Photo Galleries

Wednesday 31 October 2012

26/10/2012 - Oslo to Israel. Day 43

Distance cycled: km from Valstagna to Scorzé, Italy
Average speed: 84.7km/h
Moving time: 4h00m
Total distance: 3850km
Border X'ings: 13
Money spent: €9


View 26oct12 in a larger map

image

Disregard that spike, that's just my GPS acting up when it cant connect to any satellites


It seems now that the weather is changing for the worst, winter is settling in. Today went from a foggy morning to a torrential downpour and I was left to cycle all of the in-between. This did not mean I didn't enjoy it, I needed a shower anyway as it had been at least 5 days since my last. And today I finally got out of the foothills of the Alps and was on my way to Venice where I had organized accommodation for one night with a non-english-speaking Italian who replied to my message at warm-showers.org. Thankfully his girlfriend Elisabeth spoke decent English and was able to translate for me.
Adriano and Elisabeth took me out for dinner and to meet with family members where I took the leftovers from everyone's plates to successfully stuff my belly.
I ate an unusual dish called Seppie alla veneziana that was made from squid and the ink that it produces only being able to describe it as the darkest and blackest plate of food I have seen or eaten. After licking everyone's plates clean I moved onto desert having Italian profiteroles and other cakes.
Adriano graciously paid for my food that I initially refused and we returned to his beautiful home where I passed out in the spare room.

IMG_1818

Morning Fog with the outline of the Alps behind, its early morning and Im tired and cold.

IMG_1821

The valley that was soon coming to an end

IMG_1828IMG_1843

Cool little salamander i found on the bike path

No comments:

Post a Comment