Photo Galleries

Sunday 28 October 2012

24/10/2012 - Oslo to Israel. Day 41

Distance cycled: 92.6km from outside Aprica to Cles, Italy
Average speed: 17.6km/h
Moving time: 5h16m
Total distance: 3653km
Border X'ings: 13
Money spent: €15
View 24oct12 in a larger map

image


I couldn't be more content right now. Another gorgeous day cycling the passes of the Alps.
I haven't had a shower in days and I couldn't care less.
The morning was a bit of a struggle having to climb up another pass to 1884 meter that is passo del Tonale, but after it was a fantastic gradual to steep decent into the valley di Sole. For the first 20 minutes I was keeping up with the traffic which I am sure they saw in their rearview mirror a big smile, that I should have kept shut as I ate my fair share of insects today.
It's a shame that google doesn't have the cycle routes of Italy on their website because I again missed out on some paths that followed the river. I stumbled across this path about half way down the valley and it was serene, an asphalt ribbon of cycle path that laid beside the turquoise river Noce.
The Italians I met today, despite not being able to communicate other than to those who could speak Spanish were generous, I was offered coffee and food that I first refused but they insisted. I had to spend a bit of money on fuel for my stove (at a travelers discount) and some groceries at Lidl but all things that were necessary.
I like to keep things posted on my blog page so I spent a good hour at the library in Cles updating it.
Before I knew it, it was getting dark so I rushed towards the lake to find a place to camp only stopping half way to pitch my tent on a walking path next to a farmers orchard.
I cooked up a great dinner and if I should give any advice about the way I travel I recommend cooking up more than you can eat and throw the rest in a Tupperware container for a tasty snack or lunch for the following day.

IMG_1705

Cane! that’s me

IMG_1710IMG_1718IMG_1738

Cycling up the Passo del Tonale

IMG_1745_6_7_fused

1884 meters in Altitude

IMG_1752IMG_1759IMG_1760IMG_1766

Down in the Valley

IMG_1770

The owner of the restaurant i went for a drink giving my bicycle a go

IMG_1779 Panorama

IMG_1790

Good food for a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment