Photo Galleries

Tuesday 11 October 2011

02/10/2011 Day 39 Cycling Across Canada

Distance Traveled: Unused farming area to Hull, QC 47km
Money Spent: $0
Time cycling: 2 hours 44 minutes
Moving Average: 17.0 km/h
Total Distance Traveled: 2696 km


View Larger Map


Terrain Profile
I had a great night sleep last night knowing that I only had 30km or so to ride into the city and had all day to do it.
I took my time to get into the city finding a nice cycle path that led me right into downtown following the river east stopping by various spots to take photos.
I have been to Ottawa before where i saw the main attraction which is the parliament building but I returned there to get some photos with my bike before cruising about the market area just to kill some time.
I bumped into Cole and Mark who I met a few days ago on the highway... we organized to meet in 2 days time to join each other when cycling to Montreal. Its going to be nice to cycle with some people as it has been very rare to even meet people cycling in the same direction, keeping in mind that it is getting to the end of the season for cycling so not many people are doing it.
I got an email from my ex girlfriend saying that she wasnt able to meet me today so I hopped over to the next province of Quebec to continue my adventures on the other side of the river from Ottawa where I was staying.
Alex, a good friend who I tree-planted with told me I could stay with his Mum and step Dad at their place a 15 minute cycle to the downtown area of Ottawa.
Ruth and Serj (who I have met before 2 years ago) trusted me with a key to their home and fed me a fantastic dinner that was delicious. Now that im in Quebec its about time I start learning some French, Serj helped me out with some of the basics just to get me started but some of the words I knew from working in France all those years ago were coming back to me.
Ill be needing to put my head down and do some studying. At least over the next fortnight or so.

IMG_0300-1024 IMG_0301-1024 IMG_0302-1024

Some balancing rock structures

Parliment Buiding, Ottawa 2011-2024

Making it to the Parliament building in Ottawa

No comments:

Post a Comment