Photo Galleries

Wednesday 28 September 2011

20/09/2011 Day 27 Cycling Across Canada

Distance Traveled: Outskirts of Barrie ***N 44 18.890 W079 43.543*** to Brampton 75km
Money Spent: $8 for coffee's and snacks and $20 for a round of drinks waiting for Mum and Dad at the airport.
Time cycling: 3 hours 26 minutes
Moving Average: 21.8km/h
Total Distance Traveled: 2183 km



View Larger Map

Terrain Profile

Okies, im writing this a few days after this day so I dont remember too much, althoguh not much happened whilst cycling the 75 km to Brampton; waking up in a field beside a quad trail where I slept last night wasnt so unusual for me so when I packed my things and ate breakfast in the sun whilst all my rain gear was dring I hit the road via a church toilet where I “unloaded” a bit of weight.
I asked a bunch of people at some coffee stops for the best directions to get to Brampton and people were more than willing to help and listen to some of my stories.
It was a beautiful day out and I enjoyed the relatively flat roads into Toronto. It seemed I didn’t have an issue with time because Mum and Dad were arriiving at the airport at 7. I was going to see them at the airport with my bike but apparently it was difficult to get there because of the major highways leading into the airport, them not allowing bicycles on the shoulders. Instead I met with the family who we were going to be staying with early enough so I could join them to the airport to see in Mum and Dad.
Gary and Gail were great, Gary picked me and my bicycle up from Brampton and took me back to theirs for me to have a bite to eat and have a quick shower before going to the airport.
My anticipation to see Mum and Dad again after so many years was almost overwhelming, looking at all the faces that came through the arrival doors wondering whether I would recognize them – maybe that is an exaggeration but it did cross my mind after waiting and staring for almost an hour.
Although Mum and Dad expected it I surprised them from around a pillar I was hiding behind. In all honesty Mum and Dad really have not changed; it was good seeing them again and catching up over a few duty free spirits my folks bought at the airport.
Im going to summarize the next couple of days that I spend with mum and dad because it makes my life easier not having to do this everyday – till then im going to try and get my parents to spoil me with good food and alcohol. :)

IMG_0192-1024 IMG_0189-1024

Cycling Towards Brampton – an actual bike path… no more narrow shoulders for me!

IMG_0194-1024

Waiting for Mum and Dad at the terminal. Sorry no pics of the reunion… more up in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment