Photo Galleries

Saturday 27 August 2011

24/08/2011

Again I got up early to organize the rest of the shit I needed to do including bake off the Jerky at the hostel, cut and wrap up the granola bars and go to the Service Canada office to sort some things out with them enabling me to receive $800 a fortnight through employment insurance, something that is automatically deducted from my cheque when I was working, but now that I am not I can claim these benefits as long as I am in the county (Although I should be in the Provence.)
Carly gave me a ride to the Greyhound where I boarded a bus to Kamloops, honestly I could hitchhike faster than the bus because driving only takes 2 hours but the bus took 4.5 hours... in my experience hitch hiking doesn’t work when you have a time constraint, I dont know why but when I need to get somewhere in a hurry whilst hitching I never make it and have to resort catching the bus.
Cole's Dad Clayton picked me up at the bus depot because unfortunately Cole was on a trip down in Vancouver and Clayton took me home where my bike was waiting along with all the gear I needed to attach to the thing, Clayton helped me out having to adjust some of the panniers and thankfully he had some spare screws, other parts and tools I needed to attach some of the other miscellaneous items to the bike.
Whilst we were working on the bike Valerie (Cole's Mum), Lauren (sister) and Susan (Valerie's Friend) cooked up a lovely steak dinner that was fantastic and not only that Lauren knew I like my steak cold and bleeding – thanks girls the food it was delicious.
I was still working on my bike when it was getting dark and I needed to pack but it was getting too late and I was exhausted so I went to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment