Photo Galleries

Wednesday 31 August 2011

30/08/2011 Day 6 Cycling Across Canada

Distance Traveled: 10km outside of Greenwood to rest spot on highway 3 96.5km
Money Spent: $8.50 for a pack of cigarettes
Time cycling: 5 hours 37 minutes
Moving Average: 17.1 km/h
Total Distance Traveled: 457.5km


View Larger Map

Elevation Profile


I was having an issue with my iPod where the headphone jack was loose making my music crackle when going over bumpy terrain, so this morning I repaired it. Not many people travel with a soldering iron but for me it is indispensable – I have used it on many occasions to fix and build a variety of electrical things for me and for others.
It was another beautiful day, hot and sunny – good thing I brought sunscreen cause I would be cooked by now.
There was a nice decent into Grand Forks and I thought it would be a good opportunity to test out my Dynamo USB Charger I bought for $100 so that I could charge my USB items; my iPod had almost ran outta battery so I hooked it up and let the dynamo run on the wheel, its noisy but because I was listening to music it didnt bother me – the charger worked well too, giving it 50% charge at after 40 minutes.
I stopped at the library in Grand Forks where I updated the last couple days on my blog for all you to read, or for the lazy ones to see the pictures. I know I write a lot of dribble but this journal is mainly for me for future reference.
Just after Christina Lake I hit a difficult pass that ascended to 1528 meters, it took quite a lot of effort but I made it... exhausted, getting cold and close to dark I thought it was time to set up camp, I found another rest stop that would be ideal because I was almost out of water and I knew I could ask caravan-ers passing by. A German couple were kind enough to give me some but they were at first it seemed frightened by me – it was dark and I could understand.
I made another lovely dinner, had my baby-wipe shower and called it a night.

P1150357-1024P1150360-1024 P1150361-1024

On my way up Bonanza Pass

P1150363-1024 P1150366-1024 P1150377-1024 P1150380-1024

Quick munchie break, At the top of Bonanza Pass

P1150382-1024

Dinner for the evening – Parmesan Pesto, Veg and Sardines.


P1150370_1_2_tonemapped-1024

HDR at top of Bonanza Pass. – because this a new blog ill explain why this picture looks so awesome. Its a combination of 3 shots of the same image, HDR stands for High Dynamic Range – you will see lots of these on this journal and ill do my best to make them as pretty as i can. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment