Photo Galleries

Saturday 27 August 2011

22/08/2011

Time to leave Prince George - That just being a statement and in no way is it upsetting, I really dont like this city.
I waited around midday for JF and Christian who I planted with at the mine who are also cousins to come to the motel where I was staying to pick me up and make our way south to Kelowna where they would drop me off. Unfortunately there were some errands to be run before leaving the smelly city:
- The truck had to be detailed by us that led to accidentally locking the keys in the truck and us having to break in – in the rain no less
- The key for Rhino (the company I worked for) storage warehouse had to be picked up
- All the shit in the truck had to be put in the warehouse which was an ordeal as the Quad in the back would not start and couldnt be pushed because it would not go into neutral
- We had to speak to our foreman Babbs at his place
- the truck being a rental for the company had to be returned to the office
- Christian and JF had to purchase Roxanne's (also planted with us at the mine) old car – Mazda 626 and get the paperwork all signed and new number plates attached.
- this car had to be packed with all of our belongings which was an incredible amount of shit.

All these things and all the driving in between took all afternoon and we didnt end up leaving till 6pm in a completely chock-a-blocked, cramped small sedan.
We arrived in Kelowna at 4am where I grabbed my shit from the car, said my farewells and went into the hostel, I had to pay for the evening which sucked because technically it was the next day. Oh well, I was tired and in dire need of sleep, getting into the top bunk was an ordeal because there was no ladder and there were 6 others sleeping in the room, I managed to get up but somehow managed to break the railing and wake everyone up.

No comments:

Post a Comment