Photo Galleries

Saturday 27 August 2011

20/08/2011

Last day of the season!!! and one month before I see my folks in Toronto.
After finishing up the trees we packed our things said our farewells to the staff and made way back to Prince George via MacKensie where we pick up some booze for the last leg of the journey. My have I missed beer, after 2 weeks without any it certainly was a treat and a celebratory one at that because I now have 9 months off!!!
We checked into a motel room in downtown PG and quickly got ready to go out. It wasnt my choice but we headed to the gay bar where a bunch of other planters were drinking... Johnny was off his hinges by the time we got there talking complete dribble and acting erratically it was a little strange but it was good to see everyone but the scene wasnt something I enjoyed, I spent most of the evening chatting outside then got bored with the people and went home to bed. I miss the backpacking scene where things are so easy and people are always friendly, here in PG people are trapped in their own little bubble of friends and if your not part of that bubble its so difficult to jump in and have a simple chat. Im sure I have mentioned about the difficulties of meeting people in canada before so I wont go on a rant but maybe its just me.
This will cheer me up - “9 MONTHS OFF!!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment