Photo Galleries

Thursday 16 January 2014

24/12/2013 to 05/12/2014 - Sick as a dog in Gili Trawanan.

 

IMG_2105


View Gili T, Lombok, Indonesia in a larger map

The Gili islands located northwest of Lombok consists of 3 small islands apparently each with a charm of its own; but I wouldn't know as I spent almost the entire time on Gili T bedridden due to contracting Dengue Fever aka

bone-break fever. Thankfully the symptoms were not as terrible as some of the stories I heard of and I was still able to put down food and liquid meaning I did not need to go to hospital. As a bonus I was able to track down my brothers ex girlfriend who ran two businesses on the island and was kind enough to help me out by letting me stay with her and her friend in a well equipped household with many films for me to pass the time and discomfort of the fever.
Getting ill could not have come at a better time too, as not only did I miss part of Christmas but also New Year's Eve celebrations and my 28th birthday. Natalie and Colombe surprised me with the latter of these celebrations with food and assorted treats with a candle - blowing out the candle with the not-so-surprising wish of getter better ASAP.
Having spent such a great deal of time but doing nothing I haven't got anything else to write about.
I did however make use of my homemade macro lens and took the pictures below. 

IMG_2081IMG_2083IMG_2120IMG_2144IMG_2150IMG_2374

Around Lombok… Not so many pictures taken as I was violently ill..

IMG_2500IMG_2503IMG_2504IMG_2563

Natalie’s Cooking School and the house where I spent a week doing SFA (Sweet-Fuck-All)

No comments:

Post a Comment