Photo Galleries

Friday 4 October 2013

6 weeks headfucked in Europe.

Yesterday's response from posting on my Facebook status for it being my 8th year anniversary was unbelievable. People I had met and others that i befriended over these years replied with only words of encouragement for me to continue my bicycle trips around the world.

Over the last 6 weeks I have been in a bit of a rut, unable to think clearly about anything; this is all due to a girl...

My last post was about Iceland where I had met this amazing girl from Austria named Steffi she and I really hit it off for the week we spent together traveling around this incredible Nordic country. Over the following 4 months from the time we parted till the time I was able to leave Canada after yet another season of planting trees and visit her we were in as close contact as possible.

The built up anticipation of once again seeing each other after such a long time was overwhelming. Put simply I was in love. We were in love.

What happened next broke me down, my ability to even smile was shattered as it took less than a week before the feelings we shared for one another manifested into, I would say, almost hatred. We both tried to understand why things were not working between us and what it came down to is the fact that we had such high expectations of one another having only known each other for a week.

I thought of her as my dream girl, the one. Boy, was I wrong. During these 8 days I spent at her place in a town called Kufstein I learnt a lot about her, things I did not appreciate but as everyone says "nobody's perfect", however i can make allowances and compromises, who wouldn't for their dream girl?

I am not going into the nitty gritty of all the issues that took place when I was there in Austria but one thing was for sure, neither of us were happy.

I left for 3 weeks to wrap my head around things to go backpacking around some places in Europe, going to places I had been before to see old friends and make new ones to help me drink through this emotional struggle. I was upset, having changed all my plans for her to travel from turkey to Thailand on my bicycle but I learnt a lot about myself and others too.

One guy I met who had travelled around the world for far longer than I have and had been in situations similar to mine told me his quote.

"Find her, finger her, fuck her then forget her"

Unforgettable, no? Sound advice if you ask me!

I would like to mention more about my time traveling around Europe in Germany, Holland and Czech Republic but there are a lot of things to write about and I'm lazy.

It's strange that I use this blog as a personal diary, mentioning things about my emotional state of mind but I believe it helps me to get over Steffi and to let her go.

However, over the next few days I will post some pics of my time in these European countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment