Photo Galleries

Friday 31 August 2012

10/08/2012 – Return to London.

I hardly got any sleep on the plane from Vancouver not only did I have an uncomfortable seat that didnt recline but the young child behind me use the touchscreen mounted on the rear of my seat brutally. I even took some Melatonin pills that really didnt knock me out but rather made me drowsy. I can sleep with no issues on bumpy forestry roads but a no turbulence flight I cant.
I arrived in London Gatwick where I had to make my way to London center via train, at first the woman at the ticket office told me that I couldnt take my bike on the train during rush hour but she spoke to the manager and he said it was fine but only if I could get it on board and that I get off at London bridge (nowhere near Notting Hill Gate which is where I needed to be). I tried asking for a discount because I wouldnt be taking the train all the way into the city but the woman wasnt impressed. It was 10 pounds for the 35 minute train journey! Now, thats ridiculous – I should have just cycled my way into London.
Getting used to cycling on the left hand side of the road, lost in the crazy network of tiny roads in the city with double decker buses honking and pushing on my backside was a scary ordeal. I did manage to make it to the Cooks place unscathed.
It was great seeing Leslie and Jeremy as it has been 3 years since I was last in london and more than grateful I had a place to stay with them as the hostels are not only expensive but also fully booked because of the Olympics.
I have a few days in London before I go to Germany for Summerbreeze festival – something im very excited about because I get to see Nash (a buddy from home I travelled with festival hopping many years ago).

IMG_8440IMG_8443IMG_8445

No comments:

Post a Comment