Photo Galleries

Saturday 2 June 2012

15/01/2012 - day 3

Drinking last night was a bad idea because not only was it a shitty bar we went to but also my hangover was terrible, it's true that the older you get the worse hangovers become but also drinking the Peruvian fake equivalent to tequila really was a terrible idea.
Our group was divided in the morning as some of us went to go zip-lining over the forest canopy between two mountains which is what I paid for, this was fun but compared to bungee jumping recently it didnt give me the adrenaline rush I was looking for this sickly feeling to go away.
This tour so far has been good but there have been a few things that have been a little irritating like for example the portions of food were dismal, water and snacks had to be bought, our guide Ebert wasn't very knowledgeable about the area and the history behind it as he refereed to pictures and notes from a book.
We walked another 3 hours today pretty much following some train tracks to Agua Caliente meaning it wasnt at all difficult in comparison to yesterday but my $20 shoes bought from Walmart didn't help all that much to cushion the rocks that I stepped on, the view however was very impressive with enormous cliffs towering above us.
Arriving in Agua Caliente in a pace better than most with even Ebert having difficulty to catch up with us I went to the thermal bath which the ticket office was strategically placed away from the baths for good reason - they were not very clear, they were filthy and packed full of people.
I napped the afternoon away as I was ruined after the days activities until dinner where straight after eating I went back to bed – its a 4am start tomorrow for Machu Picchu which im sure is going to be one of the highlights of my trip.

IMG_3345IMG_3354IMG_3358IMG_3370IMG_3338IMG_3340IMG_3342

Hiking towards Agua Calientes along the train tracks and some stuff in-between 

No comments:

Post a Comment